Gale Bowman is the founding director of Irish Angels, an angel network dedicated to early stage investments in which a founder, board member, or active investor is a student, graduate, parent, or faculty member of the University of Notre Dame. After graduating from business school in 2012, Gale launched Irish Angels and has since grown the angel network to 150 investors and invested $10 million in seed and Series A investments.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Where Irish Angels sources their best deals?
- What is the biggest mistake that first time founders make?
- What is the future of university-affiliated angel networks/vc funds?
- What are the benefits of an angel network over a venture capital fund?
- What an ideal founding team looks like?
- What abilities an ideal CEO has? Hint: Sales and Metrics
- What a typical week looks like for VC/angel network director?
- How to land your first job at a startup?
- How build relationships in the startup community?
Favorite Book: How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Selected Links From The Episode: