The idea began in Argentina when Aaron Firestein gave Raaja a pair of hand-designed canvas sneakers inspired by the city blocks of Buenos Aires. On the rest of Raaja's journey, these unique looking shoes sparked non-stop conversations across six continents with people of all races, religions, genders, and cultures. Upon returning home, he decided to start Bucketfeet with Aaron.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- The founding story
- What the first shoes looked like
- Where the name Bucketfeet comes from
- How they sold their first shoes
- How a party at Brian Splay's house jump started sales
- Why Bucketfeet walked away from a Nordstrom deal
- What is next for Bucketfeet
Selected Links From The Episode:
- Aaron Firestein, Co-Founder of Bucketfeet
- Brian Spaly, Co-Founder of Bonobos and Trunk Club
- Context Media
- Luxury Garage Sale
- The Road to Character by David Brooks
- Bevy: a Chicago startup delivering everything you need, but don’t want to own, for amazing experiences. Own Less. Live More.