Using proprietary technology and actionable local market data, DRIVIN sells, sources, acquires and delivers used-car inventory for used-car dealer partners across the country. DRIVIN helps dealers understand what’s selling locally and how to price effectively. DRIVIN has raised $17.5 million from investors including Brad Keywell, Eric Lefkofsky, Mitch Golub, and Columbus Nova Technology Partners.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How inefficient the used car market is
- The origins of DRIVIN
- How Lightbank companies are started up
- How involved Eric Lefkofsky and Brad Keywell are after coming up with an idea
- What makes Eric and Brad's new startups repeatedly successful
- Why DRIVIN went the B2B instead of B2C route
- How they got their first customer
- The best way to buy/sell used car as an individual
- What can Chicago tech improve on?
- Impact of self driving cars on used car business
Selected Links From The Episode:
- Eric Lefkofsky, Co-Founder of Groupon, Uptake & Lightbank
- Brad Keywell, Co-Founder of Groupon, Uptake & Lightbank
- Justin Mahlik, Co-Founder & COO of DRIVIN
- Kelly Blue Book
- Howard Tullman, CEO of 1871
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You by John C. Maxwell
- Lincoln On Leadership: Executive Strategies for Tough Times Kindle Edition by Donald T. Phillips
- Bevy: a Chicago startup delivering everything you need, but don’t want to own, for amazing experiences. Own Less. Live More.