Zach Kaplan is the Founder and CEO of Inventables, which makes software and hardware for 3D carving. Their flagship products Easel, Carvey, and X-Carve are used by a new wave of makers to make everything from circuit boards to skate boards. Zach was named a “modern Leonardo” by the Museum of Science and Industry and a 40 under 40 by Crain’s Chicago Business. Inventables has the stated goal of putting a 3D carver in every classroom by the end of the decade.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- The differences between carving and 3D printing
- What can you make with a 3D carver
- Who is buying and using these carvers
- How they prepared to raise $600k on Kickstarter
- How they plan to get a 3D carver in every school by the end of the decade
- Why they decided to make their very expensive software free
- How they plan to make money while giving away software
- What the future of 3D printing and carving is
- What will be the result of having all these carvers available
Selected Links From The Episode:
Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter by Liz Wiseman
- Bevy: a Chicago startup delivering everything you need, but don’t want to own, for amazing experiences. Own Less. Live More.