Aaron Dallek is a serial entrepreneur and Co-Founder of Opternative - the world’s first online eye exam. The exam can be taken from anywhere, at anytime, and a doctor issued prescription can be used to shop everywhere. The exam only takes 25 minutes and a digital prescription is delivered in 24 hours or less.
In this episode we cover:
- How to raise money in the current down market - In February 2016, Opternative closed their Series A ($6 million) from Jump Capital, Chicago Ventures, Pritzker Group, Tribeca Venture Partners, Corazon Capital, and NextGen Partners.
- How they built an online eye exam that rivals the traditional phoropter
- How to recruit the best talent against larger companies with deeper pockets
- Why you have to take things one step at a time as an entrepreneur
Aaron’s Favorite Book: The Art of the Start 2.0: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything by Guy Kawasaki
- Bevy: a Chicago startup delivering everything you need, but don’t want to own, for amazing experiences. Own Less. Live More.